After her graduation in the monumental arts at the Sint-Lucas Academy in Ghent, Laure-Anne Jacobs took part in several artistic projects and exhibitions. Most of these initiatives were focused on art integrated contents. The upcoming digital media formed an important role within the evolution of the work of the artist. In her work, Laure-Anne Jacobs puts an emphasis on photography, video or film, internet and interactivity and the most recent evolutions of media technology. In her expressions, Laure-Anne Jacobs uses the most adapted tools for both content and form of the artistic work. The artistic realization is for the artist a concrete expression, based on the interpretation of individual experiences and interaction with social surroundings and reality.
The audiovisual media and digital networks are for Laure-Anne Jacobs an incentive to question the arts. In this optic, integration and interaction with the essential social pillars form the characteristics of the works of the artist. Public space, society and the world are the favorite framework to create interaction and give expression to the underlying meanings. Interpretations of an existing reality are transformed in a concrete realization with tools such as digital printings, photographic images, movies and installations.
Laure-Anne Jacobs is co-founder of the digital media platform Larbitslab, and is working several years with Bénédicte Jacobs, Researcher in Social Media at the Free University of Brussels. Together they formed a duo called LarbitsSisters. Larbitslab is being founded in 2011 and is an interdisciplinary creative research group on digital visualization located in Brussels, involving artists and scientists around issues raised by the advent of digital technologies such as privacy, digital identity and 2.0 practices.
Exhibitions & Presentations
Crypto Miner Car, Life/Likeness, ICC Annual 2022 Exhibition, ICC InterCommunication Center, Online exhibition venue: https://hyper.ntticc.or.jp/, Tokyo, JP
Crypto Miner Car, Life/Likeness, ICC Annual 2022 Exhibition, ICC InterCommunication Center, Tokyo, JP
Crypto Miner Car, NTAA’22 – International Art Exhibition For New Technology, Liedts-Meesen Foundation, Ghent, BE
Crypto Miner Car, < MTL > CONNECT 2021 – The Digital Springs, On-site Moving Programme / Montreal-Brussels, CA-BE
Crypto Miner Car, TACTUS – 17th Athens Digital Arts Festival, Museum of Modern Greek Culture, Athens, GR
Crypto Miner Car, Gluon Art & Research, Brussels, BE
BitSoil Popup Tax & Hack Campaign, ISEA 2020, Montréal, CA
Crypto Miner Car, Entropies, Regional STARTS event on future energies, Snowball, Harelbeke, BE
BitSoil Popup Tax & Hack Campaign, Currency, New Media Gallery, New Westminster, Vancouver, CA
BitSoil Popup Tax & Hack Campaign, The Question of Intelligence – AI and the Future of Humanity, Anna-Maria and Stephen Kellen Gallery, New York, USA
BitSoil Popup Tax & Hack Campaign, Mind the Deep – Artificial Intelligence and Artistic Creation, Shanghai Ming Contemporary Art Museum (McaM), Shanghai, CH
BitSoil Popup Tax & Hack Campaign, Lying Sophia and Mocking Alexa – An Exhibition on AI and Art, Hyundai Motorstudio Art District 798, Beijing, CN
BitSoil Popup Tax & Hack Campaign, Brussels in SongEun: Imagining Cities Beyond Technology 2.0, SongEun ArtSpace, Seoul, KO
BitSoil Popup Tax & Hack Campaign, ERROR – The Art of Imperfection, Drive, Berlin, DE BitSoil Popup Tax & Hack Campaign, NOVA New Media Interactive Art Prize, BIG HOUSE Contemporary Art Center, Wuhan, CN
BitSoil Popup Tax & Hack Campaign, CyberArts 2018, Prix Ars Electronica Exhibition, OK Center for Contemporary Art, Linz, AT
BitSoil Popup Tax & Hack Campaign, Enter the BitRepublic, Gluon Platform for Art, Science and Technology, Brussels, BE
BitSoil Popup Tax & Hack Campaign, Media Fast Forward, and& summit & festival, Leuven, BE
bitSOIL trader, Internet Yami-Ichi (インターネットヤミ市), iMAL Center for Digital Cultures and technology, Brussels, BE
bitREPUBLIC, John Doe in the Metacity / Utopia & Distopia in Architecture, Halles Saint-Géry, Brussels, BE
bitREPUBLIC, Blockchain Fact. Fiction. Future, Showcase, iMAL Center for Digital Cultures and Technology, Brussels, BE
eu4you, exhibition Coding/Decoding Borders, antiAtlas, Espace Architecture Flagey-ULB, Brussels, BE
Algorithmic Tube Tales, RRI-ICT forum, iMAL Center for Digital Cultures and Technology, Brussels, BEAlgorithmic Tube Tales, D.ART, Mechelen 2015, BE
TubePlot, Art & Digital Technologies: Disruptive Innovation practices for an Unknown Future, Bozar Electronic Arts Festival (BEAF), Brussels, BE TubePlot, Vice versa: From research to media arts, Quinzaine numérique 2014, Mons, BE
TubePlot, exhibition Citysonic #12, International Sound Arts festival, Mons, BE
TubePlot, 20th International Conference on MultiMedia Modelling, Dublin, IR
MyMiniMaxiLoveLife, 5th International Conference on Intelligent Technologies for Interactive Entertainment, Numediart Institute for Creative Technologies, Mons, BEThe Flanograph, Sensing by Interface Design, 5th International Conference on Intelligent Technologies for Interactive Entertainment, Numediart Institute for Creative Technologies, University of Mons, BE
The Flanograph, Flânographier l’espace : pour une poétique computationnelle de saisie de l’expérience Urbaine, HyperUrbain 4: Hybrid Mobility, Valenciennes, FR
The Flanograph, Conference Art and Geography Aesthetics and practices of spatial knowledges, University of Lyon, FR
Measurements, measuring the city, digitale tracks, Antwerpen Zuid, BE
Dunkerque Views, artist-in-residence, urban wanderings, a subjective study of the city of Dunkirk, La Plate-Forme Dunkerque, Dunkerque, FROverview exhibition Photography circuit Flanders, FoMu Antwerpen, Antwerpen, BE
Scenes of Kortrijk, interactive scenes of the city of Kortrijk, in collaboration with the Theatre of Kortrijk and the City of Kortrijk, Kortrijk, BE
Photography circuit Flanders, Organic Urbanisation, travelling exhibition in Flanders, BE
Life Cycle, online art on Antwerp Internet Art, I.P.V. Antwerp, BE
Art posters in the shelter bus, E.N.E.R.G.I.E., Brussels, BE
Art in the neighborhood, Wijk Up, Bruges, BE
Art in the Forest of Soignes, Fagus, i,f, Brussels, BE
Telenicc, video with artist minutes, transmitted (2001) on ‘télé Bruxelles’, Brussels, BE
- Why Sentience, 26th International Symposium on Electronic Art, Isea 2020, Printemps Numérique, pp. 81.
- Mind the Deep, Artificial Intelligence and Artistic Creation, Ming contemporary art museum (Mcam), Ming Yuan Group, Li Songjian, Ling Feifei, pill.design, pp. 84.
- Brussels in SongEun: Imagining Cities Beyond Technology 2.0, Laurence Geoffrey’s, Ltd., Top Process, pp. 33-35.
- Lying Sophia & Mocking Alexa, Hyundai Motorstudio Beijing, Gioia Xu, New Media Art Production Collaborator: HELU Culture Communication, pp. 9.
- CyberArts 2018, International Compendium Prix Ars Electronica, Ed. Hannes Leopoldseder, Christine Schöpf, Gerfried Stocker, series: CyberArts, 2018. 256 pp., 578 ills.
- Flânographie, Eulalie Pierquin & Duo LarbitsSisters, in: 100 Notions pour l’Art Numérique, coll. 100 notions, Paris, Les Éditions de l’Immatériel
- Scenarizing Metropolitan Views: FlanoGraphing the Urban Spaces, Cathal Gurrin et al. (Eds.): MMM2014, Part II, LNCS, Springer, pp. 11-21.
- Flânographier l’espace : pour une poétique computationnelle de saisie de l’expérience Urbaine , HyperUrbain 4 : Mobilité et Parcours Hybrides, dir. Khaldoun Zreik, Europia Productions
- Metropolitan Views. Étude pour un dispositif de prototypage de la ville, projet d’étude réalisé dans le cadre de la résidence d’artiste, La Plateforme, Dunkerque, Mai 2010
- Fotografiecircuit Vlaanderen 2008-2009, Figura, Jan Van Broeckhoven
- E.N.E.R.G.Y., NICC Brussels and Commissioner of Culture of the city Brussels, 2004
- Sint-Jozef, Stills van het leven (2002), Bruges 2002, LA. Jacobs
- Kunst in opdracht (2000), The Flemish Government (Architecture) bOb Van Reeth and K. Laenen, Brussels 2000
- Telenicc, Brussels 2000, J. Timmermans